Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January Thaw


Where did all of our snow go? We have had some warmer temperatures in Hillman during the last couple of weeks (warmer for January here means high 30's, low 40's)! Today it is in the 20's and we are getting a little bit more snow. The flakes are falling so slow that I can almost count them as they come down. I do enjoy the winter weather so it almost feels like a winter slump to me. Yesterday when I was in my sewing room I almost felt like I was in a quilting slump. I had pushed so hard to get the baby quilts done and right now I don't have anything ready to sew on. As I mentioned earlier I am working to use up some of my fabric stash and work on some scrap quilts. Yesterday I had a couple of hours of free time so I spent it cutting fabric scraps for a couple of quilts. Although I enjoyed it I just wasn't as excited about the quality time spent with my rotary cutter instead of my sewing machine.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow! Hard to imagine a picture like that after last winter! Thanks for sharing!