Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fun at my Quilter's Retreat






I was able to attend a retreat earlier this week with 12 of my quilting buddies. Because of family circumstances I wasn't able to spend the night at the cabin but I was able to go on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. While there I finished up the mystery blocks from Thunder Bay Resorts Murder Mystery retreat from last fall. I also completed the machine applique on all of the flower blocks that I had prepared. The blocks are from a Guild Block of the Month from probably 6 years ago. I used a black background and made the flowers with my hand dyed fabrics. I have taken those blocks to camps and retreats for almost 6 years now. I don't think I have enough blocks so will have to get some more of them fused to the background fabric so I can get them machine button hole stitched. I also cut out Block #1 of our current Block of the Month. I have decided to use my 1930's reproduction fabrics for this quilt.
JoEllen aka Queen of the Log Cabins completed 2 log cabin tops at camp.
Karen completed her scrappy top. The name of the quilt escapes me right now but the designer was Edyta Sitar.
Everyone had a great time at camp and we are certainly looking forward to going back next year. Thank you so much Sandy & Larry for sharing your beautiful cabin with us.

No comments: