Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Productive Weekend



The weather here turned dark, cloudy and dreary over the weekend - perfect weather for quilting and sleeping and I did a little of both. I managed to finish piecing, machine quilting and binding the 2 signature quilts from our August retreats. One theme was polka dot fabrics and one was red prints. I also finished hand piecing the center of my Tilt A Whirl quilt. I have the piano key border hand pieced and I think I will add that border and the small border by machine. I will post a picture of the quilt when it is finished. For some reason I felt like I needed a nap on both Saturday and Sunday and did just that. And since my recovery from surgery I have rediscovered my love for crocheting. I posted a picture of a pink baby afghan that I crocheted. My Mom brought me over a bag of odds and ends of skeins of variegated yarn that someone had given to her. I crocheted two little doll afghans. Then I decided to use up the rest of the yarn in making a scrappy full size afghan. I have really been enjoying working on that. I did take time on Sunday afternoon to go for a golf cart ride and probably rode about 10 miles. It was very enjoyable, chilly, but enjoyable.

No comments: