Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Another Completed UFO


I finished another quilt a week or so ago. This quilt is Hip To Bee Square made in a class with Amy Davidson during a Thuner Bay Resort Quilter's Retreat last June. Amy is an excellent teacher and a wonderful designer. She will be back at Thunder Bay Resort next April. Those of you who know me know that I prefer hand quilting. I usually say that I am cheap and long arm quilting is not. Well, sometimes I feel that long arm quilting makes a quilt and that is how I felt about this quilt. Terry's Quilting from Gaylord, Michigan did the quilting on this quilt. I got the quilt back from Terry just a couple of days before I went into the hospital so it sat at my house for almost 4 months before I was able to get the binding sewn on. I am sorry that the picture is a bit dark. I was going to take the quilt outside this morning and hang it on the clothesline for a picture but I didn't want to risk wet feet and a wet quilt from the dew on the ground.

No comments: