Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A New Found Love


Like most quilters I had a lot of craft projects going BQ (before quilting). I enjoyed crocheting, plastic canvas needlepoint and macrame. I never did get the hang of knitting. Once I fell off the deep end for quilting I quit all of the other projects, except for a plastic canvas Christmas ornament that my family loves. As I posted earlier I started doing a little crocheting after my surgery until my eye sight was healed. I crocheted a baby afghan. My Mom brought over a bag of odds and ends of yarn that she had been given. I made two doll afghans with those and then decided to make a full size afghan using the left overs. I have the bag almost emptied so my Mom brought over a box full of yarn. This picture shows the afghan I have been working on. I am not sure about the dark stripe but I am not going to tear it out either. I may get another in there real soon to perhaps balance the afghan out. It looks like I may have enough yarn to make a second one. My husband asked the other day if he has lost his quilter. I wonder if he was thinking about all of the totes of fabric, patterns, tools and gadgets in my room. I had started the large afghan because I was enjoying the process and all it took was the yarn and a crochet hook. I enjoy having a travel project and this way I didn't have to worry about fabric, thread, needles, pins, scissors, etc. Well, I finished hand piecing a quilt last week. During the weekend the weather turned cold and damp so I pulled out a quilt that I started hand quilting in January. I haven't worked on it since then. Hand quilting is truly my real "love" in my quilting world. I totally enjoy it. My husband has not lost his quilter, I just am shall we say branching out a little bit.

No comments: