Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tiny Miracle Quilts

Charity quilts are very near and dear to my heart. A few years ago I stumbled upon a program where quilters make quilts for preemies and babies with serious health problems. I started making these little quilts in honor of our great niece Amy who is a Tiny Miracle. She was born with many health problems. She is 6 1/2 years old now. She and her family still face many challenges but she truly is a gift from God. I have made over 250 quilts that are given to parents of preemies and/or critically ill babies. It is such a rewarding feeling to be able to help someone in time of need. Some of my quilts are hand quilted and some are machine quilted. There are many, many charities in our world that would greatly appreciate quilts. I urge you to do some investigating and get involved in some charity sewing.

No comments: