Friday, November 7, 2008

Piecing the border

I am not a morning person! My husband will be the first to agree with me. But, this morning I woke up at 6:00 o'clock and started thinking about all of the projects in my sewing room, both already started and the ones I am anxious to work on. So, I decided to get up and do some sewing before work this morning. It was great. I got about 2 hours of sewing in before I had to get ready for work. I am piecing the border for my Spider Hexagon quilt. The border consists of lots and lots of 2 1/4 inch triangles. I am strip piecing them and it looks like I may be able to add the borders some time this weekend. Tomorrow I plan to attend a Region 2 meeting for the Michigan Quilt Network. Election of officers will be held and the hostesses will be sharing quick Holiday gift ideas. During the weekend I am also planning to dig in to some of my fabric totes and pull some fabrics for some quilts for Christmas gifts. What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: