Monday, January 23, 2012

A New Adventure

I have been a member of the Michigan Quilt Network for several years. Last year I was the secretary for our region. For several years I had a desire to get involved on the state level but it just was out of reach with working two or more jobs. Now I am working just one job and keeping busy with it but when the opportunity came last fall to run for a seat on the board I decided it was just as good a time as any. I was elected to the board last October and we had a short meeting after the retreat. This past weekend was the first quarterly meeting for 2012. We gathered at the Days Inn in Grayling on Friday afternoon. After dinner we met for a couple of hours to discuss the retreat to be held in October. I am a member of the retreat committee and am in charge of instructors. Our meeting continued on Saturday morning and ended around noon. I had no idea what all was involved in running a state wide organization. I had a real eye opener and I have to tell you that by the time we left my head was spinning. I really enjoyed meeting the other board members and I look forward to getting to know all of them and working together for the Michigan Quilt Network. This pictures shows all of the board members except one who wasn't able to attend the meeting. The quilt is the raffle quilt that will be raffled at the retreat in October for a fundraiser. I will have tickets if anyone is interested. The pattern is Dresdan Stars by Edyta Sitar.

No comments: