Thursday, January 5, 2012

Still Alive and Doing Some Quilting

Well, we survived the beautiful Christmas holiday season and a nasty bug that seemed to go through most of our family. Some how even our desk top computer was affected. We have been using our lap top for a couple of weeks now and I sure miss the desk top. Our computer repair guy has been very busy becoming a daddy for the first time, congratulations Brian! I have managed to get some sewing done and will share pictures once we get our computer back. I managed to get myself caught up on the Wildflower Rhapsody Block of the Month. Yesterday while at the Quilt Shop I picked up the December and January blocks and was happy to learn that I just have one more month to go. This BOM has been a bit different than any I have ever done. Not only do you get the blocks each month but you also get additional components of the quilt. It is a very beautiful quilt and thanks to Sandy D's Quilt Shop all of the block pieces are pre-cut. During the New Years weekend Idid some major cleaning and organizing in my sewing room, moving some storage shelving and throwing out some stuff that I haver no intenton of using. I am also going through a huge pile of magazines and sharing the ones that I will never use. One thing that I learned in the process is that I do not need to purchase any fabric, patterns, magazines, books, gidgets, gadgets or kits for at least ten years. And I definitely do not need to start any new projects for a very long time. Ya right, I went to my LQS yesterday and started a new BOM quilt with some family members and friends. But I am serious, I need to finish up some projects before starting anything new. I found a really cute panel that was sandwiched and waiting to be hand quilted. I finished quilting it this week (it is small) and am anxious to get the binding on it. I can't remember that last time I did any hand quilting. And I have a UFO on my sewing machine that I started quilting yesterday. Once that one is done I have another one ready to go. I love this time of year when there isn't much to do outside and I can do lots of sewing. How about you?

No comments: