Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Great Retreat

I was very fortunate to be able to attend another Quilter's Retreat last weekend and I had a great time. I was able to spend three days with two of my sisters, 3 friends from Atlanta (neighboring town) and my sewing machine. We did lots of laughing, chatting, sewing and sharing. And all of us managed to get quite a bit of sewing done.

This was my work station and where I spent many, many hours.

I finished putting together this quilt top at the retreat. Actually this was the 3rd retreat for this quilt. It is the final project from the Prairie Women's Circle I was involved in last year. I really had fun working on it. All of the bow ties are scrappy. I love the color blue and most of my quilts have blue in them. I decided that I wanted to do a project and challenge myself to not include any blue. I am very happy with the way ot turned out.

My sisters Connie and Carol are very intent in their projects.




Sue and Sue are working on projects. I wonder where Mary is? Maybe making dinner. The retreat was held at a Quilt Shop and I know I told myself that I had to use some restraint until I could get some stuff used up here. Well ...... the Quilt Shop had a sale corner of $3 per yard fabric. Who can resist that? Not me, I bought 1 yard of fabric just because and 6 yards of fabric for a backing. I also bought a cute pattern and a cute pin cusion/thread catcher. I have one that I made many years ago but forgot to take it with me. So I guess I didn't do toooooooo bad. Before our retreat was over we talked about when we can get together to do another retreat. I have to admit that I was pooped when I got home. I think I am finally caught up on my rest.

No comments: