Friday, August 20, 2010





































Yesterday was Guild sewing at our annual County Fair. Several Thunderbay Quilt Guild members enjoyed sewing and visiting during a "Sit and Sew" Day. Most members worked on Christmas stockings but there were also a couple of baby quilts in the works. Members of the Guild brought in quilts to decorate our building for the day. Fair attendees stopped by to visit and to see what we were doing. I took in a presidents quilt from 1995. Members of the Guild each made me a block after a year as President of the guild. I put the blocks together and made a wall hanging. Of the 16 blocks in the quilt only one of the women is still in the Guild and 8 of the women are deceased. It made me stop and think about our Guild and how much I enjoy the friendship of so many people. Do you belong to a guild? If not, I highly recommend you find one to get involved in or start your own.

No comments: