Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life had been a bit crazy around here!

I wear two hats here in Hillman. I am the Quilter's Retreat Coordinator for the Quilter's Retreats held at Thunder Bay Resort. And for almost 22 years I have been the Township Clerk here in Hillman Township. I have several responsibilities including administrator for elections held in my jurisdiction. Yesterday was the primary election. For the past 5 or 6 weeks I have been very busy distributing and processing absentee ballots, setting up the election equipment, attending some mandatory training and in general getting everything set up for the election. I am very proud to say that all of my efforts paid off and we had a very successful day yesterday. All went well during the 13 hours the polls were open and when we were closing up and doing our final paper work. We did a test run using a laptop computer in the voting place and that all worked out very well too. Now I just need some rest, I need to get some things caught up at home that have been put on the back burner and I hope to get some quality sewing time in before it is time to start the process all over again with the November general election.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas