Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Another busy week

This is another busy week for me. Steve and I enjoyed a beautiful little get away last weekend. We did a little bit of shopping (and yes, I did buy some fabric, but more on that later) and we got some much needed rest. On the way home we stopped at one of our favorite farmer's markets and bought a half bushel of peaches. Yesterday after a long day at work (at the township office) I checked the peaches out and decided that they needed to be canned last night. So, even though the thermometer said it was almost 90 degrees outside I turned on the stove, got the water boiling, dipped the peaches in the boiling water to help with the pealing process, pealed the peaches and pressure cooked 14 quarts of peaches. It sure didn't take long to heat the house up. I didn't want to can them last night but they were at the perfect stage and I didn't want to waste them. I had one quart that did not seal and that hasn't happened in a long time. We are having our audit at the township office today but I slipped out for a few minutes to come up to the resort office. I have already told the auditors that I won't be available tomorrow. Tomorrow is my quilting day with my Guild buddies. After quilting I am driving north for about an hour and a half to pick up our 3 year old grand daughter Allie. She is going to come and stay with Papa and Nana for a few days. Bet you can't guess what puts a bigger smile on my face - quilting with my buds or time with Allie?

1 comment:

Becky said...

I've been canning too! In fact I'm hoping to go out U-picking with the boys today. For some reason there doesn't seem to be as many U-pick places here as there were in Northern Michigan. We like to freeze our peaches though. YUM!