Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Montmorency County 4-H Fair

Our annual county fair is being held this week. Our guild, Thunderbay Quilt Guild has a booth showcasing all of the charity projects that we participate in. Shown in the picture are the two raffle quilts we recently completed, more Christmas stockings, pillow cases, baby bibs, quilts for nursing home patients, helmet liners for the soldiers, and preemie quilts. This afternoon I will be heading to the fair to join fellow guild members to volunteer in the kitchen. Then tomorrow we will hold a charity sew day and fair attendees are invited to stop by and visit us and see what we are working on. There will be several different projects going on and I still haven't decided what I am going to work on yet. There is not a lot of prep time left so it will have to be something simple. It is always fun to hang out and sew with my Guild friends. I entered 8 items in the needlework department at the fair. I don't know if I will have time today or will have to wait until tomorrow to see if I won any ribbons. Stay tuned.

No comments: