Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas


I pray that everyone has a wonderful Christmas celebration with family and friends. I absolutely love Christmas. I am the oldest of 5 kids in our family and we were raised on a small dairy farm. My parents didn't have a lot of money but they always made sure our Christmases were very special. One year we received a pony for Christmas and my Dad actually led her into the living room. You can imagine the squeals and giggles as we opened our eyes to see a pony standing near our Christmas tree. And I still have the Barbie clothes that my Mom made me many, many years ago. I have tried to create the same magic for our 3 children and now for our grandchildren. I have talked with 3 real close friends lately who said they were not looking forward to Christmas this year because of various situations. We have a couple of family situations this year and I could easily fall into that trap. It would be easy to pull the covers up over my head and stay in bed all day but I refuse to do that. I am so looking forward to enjoying Christmas morning with our children, daughters-in-love and grandchildren. We will have fun opening gifts (I love watching the little ones excitement as they open their gifts) and then enjoy a big Christmas breakfast. Then the rest of the day will be spent relaxing and enjoying each others company. Saturday we will head to my parents for a holiday celebration with my family. Over the years I have heard people talk about life changing experiences but I never really bought into that theory. But after I went through my surgery and recovery I feel I have made some major life changes. Life is way too short to waste it worrying and fretting over piddly little things. I wish all of my friends a very Merry Christmas. And don't forget to do a little sewing and relax, relax, relax!!

No comments: