Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hulbert Quilt Camp #3





I recently had a chance to enjoy a six day Quilt Camp with family and friends. Thanks Dave, Jane, Chris and Donna for sharing your beautiful cabin with us. We all managed to work on lots of projects, did lots of visiting, laughing and enjoyed lots of good food. We had some snow, those big flakes that are so pretty. I got the machine button hole stitching finished on 9 of my Guild's Blocks of the Month, put together a Tiny Miracle quilt and pieced the Stacked Four Patch Posey blocks that have been sitting in my sewing room for over a year and a half. Tasha was into making tote bags, then learned to make the knitted hats with the loom. Lana had her flip flop blocks all machine appliqued and learned how to make the log cabin blocks for the borders. Mom worked on re-doing her heart quilt and also did some hand stitching. Carol learned how to do some machine quilting (stippling) and was very excited about that. Karen learned how to machine applique and machine quilt on her cupcake wall hanging. She also worked on a table runner and hand quilting on a baby quilt. Again I had camera problems so I am not able to share all of the pictures with you. Maybe I should just stick with my sewing machine and forget about all of the other electronics. We all had a great time and are already looking forward to next years camp!

No comments: