Sunday, December 20, 2009

I FINISHED A QUILT LAST WEEK!!


I finished this quilt last week. The name of the quilt is Bunting and the blocks were recreated from a 1935 Baby Bunting Fan Quilt. I found the pattern in a Better Homes and Gardens book given to me by a very good friend for Christmas a few years ago. I hand pieced and hand quilted the quilt. I honestly do not remember piecing the quilt, although I do remember buying the green fabric in each fan. (How is that for a UFO project?) I started hand quilting this quilt last January but after my surgery in April I had to put it away for awhile. During the fall, as the weather started to get cooler, I pulled it out and finished hand quilting it. I am very proud of this quilt and am happy to have it completed.

2 comments:

Carol Sc said...

The quilt is lovely --- you should be very proud of it. My dad was a swine expert at MSU (the cow college) --- I have many pigs in my collection, but none decorate our front yard. Merry Christmas!

Thunder Bay Resort Quilter's Retreat said...

Hi Carol,
Thanks for the comment and the compliment. My grandfather worked as an art instructor at MSU many, many years ago and my Mom still calls it Michigan State College. Our middle son was a "Dairy Techer" there a few years ago.