Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Are you ready for Christmas?



I am so ready for Christmas. The tree is up, the house is decorated and all of the gifts are wrapped and ready. I have never been this organized in my life! I think I like it. I don't usually do any holiday baking as we don't need the temptations at home. And usually there are enough temptations at all of the parties and events. One of my sisters (I have 3) owns and operates a bakery here in town. She closes it during the winter and has decided that she will not re-open the bakery in the spring. This afternoon we are going to have a family baking get together at the bakery. We will be using her equipment and helping to use up her left over supplies. It sounds like some of the kids in the family will be there too so it should be a very fun afternoon. We were all asked to bring along favorite recipes and when we are done we will all be able to take home a little bit of everything. I plan to make up a plate of goodies to take to my 92 year old grandmother. Unfortunately we are not real close and I haven't seen her in awhile. She still lives in her home but isn't real interested in attending family functions any more. Since Christmas is all about family this will be a perfect afternoon. Thanks Amy! PS - The bottom picture is from my BQ (before quilting) days. The blocks are counted cross stitched.

No comments: