Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wildlife in our back yard!




Imagine my excitement yesterday morning when I discovered guests in our back yard. I was getting ready for work and just happened to notice in the bathroom mirror that there was a deer in our back yard. Turned out he or she had a friend. We live in town so we don't usually see them this close to our house. Needless to say it was exciting. We have had a rough winter here so far and I have been concerned about the wild animals. We had quite a thaw here last week so apparantley the deer were out checking for food. I noticed on my way home from Church on Sunday that there were lots of deer in the fields along the way. Son Mike said he saw hundreds of deer during the weekend out enjoying the warmer weather. Predictions are for 8 to 10 inches of snow here in the next 48 hours or so. I guess that means more sewing time for me - yeah!! I hope the deer and other animals will find shelter and food.

No comments: