Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Very Productive Weekend


Last Saturday morning we woke up to snowfall, a very heavy, wet snow. It was a perfect day to make blueberry pancakes, then head into my sewing room. I finished both of these quilt tops. The orange quilt is a mystery quilt and the multi colored quilt is a block of the month quilt. The BOM quilt instructions called for jelly rolls. I decided to use the 1930 reproduction fabrics I have been collecting for several years. I also wasn't sure about the red block but decided it would give the quilt a little pizzaz. I would like to pick up a couple of fabrics for narrow borders for both quilts. I have ideas on how I want to finish both quilts but that may have to wait for a little while. Along with sewing during the weekend I also attended a Church dinner, attended the worship service at Church, entertained our 2 month old twin grandsons for a couple of hours, made a quick trip into Alpena and also visited my parents on Mother's Day. I won't have a free weekend now for awhile so I had to grab it while I could. Is everyone else having a crazy May so far or is it just me?

No comments: