Friday, May 21, 2010

A Class at Quilt Guild

Yesterday I attended a class at Quilt Guild. Member Pat taught us to make a really cool bag, similiar to a carry on bag. She designed the pattern and graciously shared it with us. Prior to the class our home work was to cut all of the pieces and get them serged or zig zaged. Since I don't have a serger I did zig zag stitching around all 14 pieces. I got to class, sat my sewing machine up, filled a bobbin and boom - my sewing machine froze up. Boy, was I bummed. Luckily, my great friend JoEllen had a spare machine there. We got it sat up and it worked like a charm. I managed to get the bag almost finished. I just have to do some top stitching. A picture will follow as soon as I can get back to it. It is so great to have friends. Thank you so much JoEllen.

No comments: