Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Birthday Quilt For Allie


Our grand daughter, Allie celebrated her third birthday this week. Of course Nana made her a quilt for her birthday. As you can see by the picture she loved it before she even saw what it looked like. I think it will be a great teaching tool and I know her Mom will work with her on learning her alphabet.
I haven't had much time for sewing in the last couple of weeks. My "other hat" is that of Township Clerk here in Hillman. One of my duties is to coordinate elections. We held a school election here in Hillman on Tuesday and I have been very busy with absent voter ballots and all of the details of the election. I am very proud to say that 875 ballots were cast for the election in our very small community. That is a very, very high number for a school election. There has been some controversy in our community and that has generated a lot of interest. I hope now that all of that controversy will be turned into positive actions for our children and our school. And I also hope that I can get back to some sewing again!!

No comments: