Thursday, May 13, 2010

Christmas stockings in May?

For the last couple of years our Quilt Guild has made Christmas stockings, filled them with little gifts and candy and given them to a couple of charities for children in our area. This year it was decided to make stockings throughout the year instead of waiting until November or December. Today we had open sewing at Guild. I joined several other members of the Guild and made some stockings. On my way to the meeting I had set a goal of completing 3 stockings. I ended up completing 7 stockings and am very proud of myself. The stockings are very easy to make and it is fun to think about the fun the children will have when they receive their stockings. Perhaps I should think about a goal to accomplish between now and Christmas. I wonder if I can complete 42 more stockings? That is only 7 per month for the next 6 months. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!!!!!

No comments: