Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Winter Olympics


I have to admit that I don't think I have ever watched the Olympics before. A couple of nights ago Steve was channel surfing and stopped by the channel showing the Olympics during some figure competitions. Last night I got the remote first :) and turned the Olympics on. I watched some more figure skating and some snow boarding. It is just amazing, the strength and the stamina those athletes have. While watching the figure skating and the choreography I couldn't help but remember our daughters days in High School Competitive Cheerleading. I also wondered if her 2 1/2 year old daughter Allie will be a cheerleader some day. I think so as Allie is very much a girly girl, she likes to talk and I think she would make a great cheerleader. The snow boarding also reminded me of our son's days of racing motocross and I am sure their sons will follow in their Dad's footsteps some day. I have great memories of attending many activities with our kids. Now we are attending basketball, baseball, Boy Scouts and pre-school activities with our grand children and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments: