Friday, February 26, 2010

A brief break from quilting, but still sewing


Earlier this week I took a brief break from quilting to make some burp cloths. Our son Greg and daughter-in-love Rachel are expecting twin boys very soon. We have been very cautiously excited as Rachel has been having some very serious health issues throughout most of the pregnancy. Today the boys (did I mention they are boys?) are 32 weeks. We are very excited to meet the little fellows but also are hoping they will wait to make their grand entrance. I made up 11 burp cloths, using the small amount of flannel in my stash. I plan to buy a little more flannel to make up a few more. I am hoping to take big brother Cameryn shopping this weekend to help pick out a few fabrics.
I also made up 8 log cabin blocks for a charity quilt we are making at Guild. Last night I sat down and started hand quilting another quilt. The name of this quilt is Tilt-A-Whirl and the pattern was printed in a Fons and Porter magazine several years ago. I absolutely love hand quilting and right now I have a rather large pile of quilts waiting to be hand quilted.

No comments: