Monday, March 23, 2009

A wonderful vacation in Pegron Forge, Tennessee


Steve and I enjoyed a wonderful vacation in the Smokey Mountains. While there we visited the Mountan Quiltfest. The Show was great and in future posts I will share pictures of some of the quilts we saw. Steve and I attended the Show and Tell on Friday night at the Grand Majestic Theater. There were about 300 people there. I showed and shared two quilts, my Broken Star Wall Hanging and the family quilt that I made for Steve for Christmas. Participants were invited to bring in childrens fabric to be used for charity quilts. I donated 1 yard of fabric and received 4 tickets. Two of my tickets were drawn and I won two full day classes at next years Show. I have to tell you that I am very, very excited about that. I thoroughly enjoyed taking a class with Pat Sloan. I am showing the only block that I completed during the class and who knows when I will get back to that project. I totally enjoyed making the block and am excited about making the quilt from the class but it will have to go on the back burner for awhile. I had some minor sewing machine issues during the class so spent a lot of time admiring Pat's beautiful quilts and enjoying seeing what some of the other people in the class were doing.
It did rain for 4 of the 6 days we were in Pigeon Forge but we were still able to get out and walk every day. We enjoyed the warmer weather there (today it is only 34 degrees here in Hillman). We also enjoyed doing some hiking in the mountains. I thought the first hike 1 1/4 miles up the mountain to see a water fall was going to kill me but it sure was worth it.

No comments: