Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Pigeon Forge Pictures

The first picture is a quilt from the Mountain Quiltfest Challenge. This is the 75th anniversary of the National Park at the Smoky Mountains. All of the blocks in the quilt symbolize the park and /or the mountains. Several quilts were entered in the challenge. This quilt was made by former Hillmanites, Ed and Denise Betoski who now make their home in Wearville, near Pigeon Forge. Denise told Steve that she pieced all of the blocks and then Ed did the hand quilting. The second quilt, a hand embroidered, hand quilted quilt was made by a fellow Michigander. She lives is Crystal Falls, in Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula.
And for a little personal quilting news - I finished my incentive gifts for the Guild meeting for next week - photo to follow. I also bout the little Log Cabin Posie quilt that I made a few weeks ago. Last night I did all of the fusing for my Guild BOM's for March. Hopefully I can have the machine stitching done on them before our business meeting next week.




No comments: