Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Flowers, Snow and Wind


This is a picture of my latest finished quilt. It was a block of the month through my Guild. The pattern called for using the same fabric for al of the sashings. But since I am on a bit of a mission to reduce my stash (although so far I haven't noticed a difference in the stash) I used fabrics I had for all of the sashings. This BOM was a fun project.
Winter has returned to Hillman today. We are getting some snow and lots and lots of wind. The temperature has been falling steadily all morning. Predictions are for up to 60 mile an hour winds and temps near zero tonight. Sounds like a good time to "get out of Dodge" doesn't it? And that is exactly what are plan is. After work today I will finish packing suitcases and we hope to be on the road bright and early tomorrow morning. Destination is Pigeon Forge, Tennessee and the Mountain Quiltfest. We plan to enjoy the Quilt Show and the vendors and I am taking a class with Pat Sloan. Then we plan to do some exploring in the mountains and relaxing. I will share some pictures when I get back into the office.

No comments: