Saturday, October 15, 2011

Donations Items




The weather here today was quite wet and dreary - a perfect day to do some sewing. The parochial school at my church is having a fundraising gala next weekend. I made two back packs last week, one for a girl and one for a boy to donate. I also made this little quilt (33 X 51 inches). I had the kids in kindergarten and 1st grade draw pictures on 4 1/2 inch blocks, then I sashed the quilt. Today I sandwiched the quilt, got it machine quilted and bound. I still want to make a label for it and would like to include the names of all of the students who made the blocks. I also made 2 Halloween bags for our grandchildren just have 5 more to go. I found a really simple and cute pattern on the internet and already have some Christmas ideas. I have left the table up that I use to sandwich quilts and hopefully tomorrow after Church I can get two small pieces sandwiched and a quilt that is a little bit larger that will be for a special little boy as we celebrate his 1st birthday next month. Along with the sewing I also got two loads of laundry done and cooked some squash in the oven. What did you do today? Now I am off to do some hand sewing and hopefully there will be something good to watch on tv.








No comments: