Wednesday, May 11, 2011



Life gets a bit crazy at times. I know all of you know that too. Unfortunately my blogging gets shoved to the bottom of the pile when there just doesn't seem to be enough time to do everything. I really enjoy blogging but sometimes it just can't be helped. I had a wonderful time at my retreat last week. It seemed like I did more laughing and visiting than I did sewing but sometimes we just need to do that. I machine appliqued 6 more of my blocks of the month and finished the May banner of the month. I also finsihed the binding on this log cabin quilt. It is part of a series for a group I joined at Delphine's Quilt Shop in Gaylord. Prairie Women's Sewing Circle meets every other month and today was our third meeting. We have home work between meetings and the log cabin quilt was our most recent homework. I really enjoyed making it and have plans to make another one, perhaps bigger next time. I hand quilted this quilt too. It was fun to see the other quilts today. Our next assignment is titled At Mama's Knee and is supposed to be 17 inches square. I am anxious to get it started but it will have to wait for a little while.

On another note spring has finally sprung here in northern Michigan. It is so nice to see green grass and trees budding. The daffodils and tulips are in full bloom and I even saw a few trilliums out today. Little League season starts on Saturday and we have 2 grandsons playing this year so this Nana and Papa will be spending lots of time at the ball park during the next couple of months. We are so glad that we can enjoy the kids activities.



No comments: