Friday, April 15, 2011

Retreat Projects

While at my retreat last weekend I made an Easter 10 minute table runner.
I also machine quilted and put the binding on another signature quilt from one of the retreats at Thunder Bay Resort. I think I still have a couple signature quilts to make yet.

I also did the machine button hole applique on seven blocks from a block of the month that is about 3 years old. The pieces in the blocks are quite small so it is a bit of a tedious job but still enjoyable. I am planning to go to another retreat in a few weeks so hopefully I can get a few more blocks appliqued. I am not sure but I think there are a total of 24 blocks in this quilt. Of course, while at the retreat I saw several projects that I wanted to make and of course I did have to buy a book that had a couple of beautiful quilts in it. But first.......I want to finish up a few more pieces before I start anything new.

Spring may have finally sprung here in northern Michigan and I was able to enjoy a beautiful day outside earlier this week. I cleaned out flower beds and raked up some sticks from under one of our willow trees. It has been quite windy for the last few days and the wind is quite cold. Yesterday I started sewing on some Easter gifts and hopefully I can get those finished today.

No comments: