Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quilter's Retreat in Gaylord

I just returned home from the Quilter's Retreat in Gaylord. My Mom has had some health issues for quite some time now. I convinced her that it would be great for her to go and visit with some fellow quilters and even do a little quilting. She took a scrappy quilt that she has been sewing by hand and I think she really enjoyed herself. I managed to sew two small tote bags (one for my Mom and one for me) from the kits we were given there, I machine quilted and bound a small signature quilt and I machine appliqued 7 intricate blocks from a block of the month from about 2007. I am very please with my accomplishments plus I got some quality time with my Mom. I have my suitcase unpacked but haven't touched the sewing bags yet. And I don't think they will get unpacked for a few days.

No comments: