Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Busy time!!

We have been quite busy around here and I just haven't made the time for blogging. I apologize for that. As you can see in the picture we have a re-modeling project going on here. When we bought our house in 1978 we could see that the ceiling tiles in the living room were crooked. Then since it is an older house that was built before any codes the ceiling started to sag in spots and we had a leak in our roof that eventually got into the ceiling tiles and caused some staining. So since we have a new roof, this was the time to replace the ceiling tiles. Of course it ended up to be a bigger job than my husband had expected. We lived for several day with climbing over furniture and a mess in the house. The project isn't finished but at least we have a little bit of organization here in the house. All of the prep work is done and I think the plan is to begin installing new tiles this weekend. Once that is done we plan to replace carpet in a couple of rooms. A couple of weeks ago we made a trip to Indianapolis to attend a trade show for firefighters. We had a very good time. I attended the show for the first afternoon. Steve went back on the second day and I stayed in the hotel and did some hand embroidery, some hand quilting and some crocheting and also enjoyed a couple of walks. The weather wasn't real warm but at least there was no snow. Speaking of snow, we still have some here and received a couple of brief snow showers on Monday and Tuesday. I have had some great times with all seven of our grandchildren and their parents recently. I have been doing some sewing too. I am hand quilting on the 4th side of the border of a rather large quilt (a UFO) and am anxious to get it finished. I made the top for the Prairie Women's Circle Club and have it ready to begin hand quilting. Today's plans are to clean the bathroom, hopefully vacuum out my car and pack for a Quilter's Retreat this weekend. My Mom and I are planning to go and I am really looking forward to it. My Mom has had some health issues lately and I think it will be good for her to go. She has plans of just working on some hand work. I have some blocks of the month that are several year old now that have been yelling for some attention. They are fused applique and I plan to machine button hole them. My plan was to just take them but of course I have decided that I need more of a variety so I have a small piece ready to be machine quilted and I have some piecing that I plan to pack. Am I the only one that seems to hop around on projects and have way too many things going at one time?

No comments: