Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More Christmas Stockings

I am proud to announce that I will be able to turn in 27 more Christmas stockings at our Guild meeting tomorrow. That gives me a grand total of 34 stockings to date. As I wrote in a previous post members of our Guild are making these stockings for Christmas gifts for local children. Things have been a bit busy in my life lately and I haven't had a lot of time for working on many projects. I seem to be able to get to my sewing machine for a short time now and then. These stockings are very simple to make. I don't have to do a lot of thinking and it seems to be the perfect project for me right now. And I do love to do charity work, it is so rewarding. I have already dug out some more fabric and plan to work on more stockings when time permits. I need a couple of items to donate for an auction for our family reunion next weekend and Steve suggested a few stockings. I think that sounds like a great idea.

No comments: