Thursday, March 11, 2010

Two more Tiny Miracle Quilts



I have been on a bit of a roll this week. I finished both of these Tiny Miracle quilts yesterday afternoon. During our WARTS (Wednesdays Are Reserved To Sew) small group yesterday I hand appliqued labels onto 6 Tiny Miracle quilts. I am hoping to get one more quilt machine quilted tonight.
We had open sewing at Guild today and we had two ladies come in who are brand new quilters. It was so much fun to watch them as they wandered around the room checking to see what everyone was doing. They both brought sewing machines in and one of the gals was looking for advice on machine quilting. The gals were sisters and they worked together on a Quilt For Kids. They had the quilt ready to machine quilt and after some advice the quilt maker started machine quilting it. The other gal had started putting together her first quilt using the same pattern. It was so much fun seeing the excitement build as they thought about the possibilities of what they could do. Although it has been about 26 years since I started quilting I can still remember those day. And I still have that excitement when I see new patterns and new ideas.

No comments: