Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Couple of Finished Quilts



Yesterday afternoon I started machine quilting some of the Tiny Miracle (preemie) quilts that I had sandwiched over the weekend. The black and white quilt was made using split 9 patches. If you look real close you will see cows in the fabric. Have I ever mentioned that I love cows? The green quilts started out as a gift from my friend and fellow Guild member Nancy. I was the co-chair of my Quilt Guild last year although because of health issues I wasn't able to be as involved as I had planned to be. It is a tradition in our Guild to "gift" the out-going President with a block of her choice. In past years I asked the members for blocks that I could use for the Tiny Miracle quilts. When asked again this year I made the same request. Some of the gals give me finished little quilts and some give me tops that I finish. Nancy gave me the center blocks and I added borders using some whimsical fabric I had on hand. I machine quilted these quilts and also put the binding on by machine. I hope to get one or two more done this afternoon after work.

No comments: