Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I LOVE MY THUNDER BAY ROUND ROBIN QUILT!


I love this quilt. In July of 2007 during a Quilter's Retreat we had a few retreaters discussing an article in a Quilter's Home magazine about Round Robin Quilts. By the end of the retreat it was decided that 6 of us would do Round Robin Quilts and meet at Thunder Bay Resort the following August to reveal our quilts. Thanks to Pat for heading up the project. We each made a 16 inch block, then sent it to the next person on the mailing list. We each ended up with a quilt that had borders added by each of the participants. We had a reveal party here at Thunder Bay Resort. Raylene served a delicious luncheon and Joy provided margaritas. Mark Lipinski was here so he was invited to our reveal party as his magazine provided the inspiration for the project. I sincerely thank Sharon, Jackie, Raylene, Joy and Pat for my beautiful quilt. I did hand quilt my Round Robin quilt. I am anxious to see the other finished quilts some day soon. I would love to hear about your Round Robin experiences.

No comments: