Monday, January 5, 2009

UFO #1




I hope everyone had an enjoyable New Years holiday. Our dinner party turned out real well. Then I totally enjoyed a 4 day weekend. The only time I left the house during the 4 days was to go to Church. I spent a lot of time sewing. As I stated in an earlier post I have decided that I have to work on my ever growing pile of UFO's this year. The pictures are showing the progress of my Broken Star Wall hanging. I purchased a kit while traveling in September of 2007. The designer is Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts. Edyta was a guest instructor here at Thunder Bay Resort last October. The wall hanging is about 44 inches by 44 inches. The log cabin blocks are 4 1/2 inches and made with strips that started out at 1 inch. There are 64 blocks in the wall hanging. I layed the blocks out on my portable design wall and it sure was a lot nicer than using my living room floor. While I had my design wall sat up I decided to lay out my Teddy Bear Blocks from an Internet Block of the Month from 2007. I discovered that I had to redo one of the blocks. So then I decided to lay my Flower Block of the Month quilt out that we did at Guild last year. Well, wouldn't you know that I trimmed down 2 of the blocks to the wrong size. So I plan to redo one of them and try to piece the other as I don't have enough background fabric to redo both of them.
I also decided that I need to get more organized at home. So every day I will pick something to clean and/or organize. So far I have the shelf above the washer and 3 of the 7 drawers in our desk cleaned up and organized. I plan to do that every day before I stat sewing. I am dreading cleaning and organizing my sewing room though. I would just rather close the door!!

No comments: