Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Baby Quilt


A very close friend of mine asked my to make a baby quilt for a new member of his family. Mom and Dad live in Minnesota and their baby girl is due to arrive in February. I used the Nine-Month Nine-Patch quilt pattern. The pattern uses 9 fat quarters and small amounts of yardage for the 2 borders and the binding. Fabric from the 9 fat quarters are used to make a large 9 patch for the backing. Although it is hard to see in the picture the background fabric has many colorful polka dots. I think the quilt is very girly-girl and can even be used as a reversible quilt.
As I have mentioned earlier I have decided that this is the year to finish up some UFO's and to do some organizing at home. I have also decided to do some journaling. Inspiration came from Mark Lipinski's Pickle Posse Yahoo group. Years ago I kept a diary of my quilting projects and that has been interesting to go back and look through. This years journaling includes my quilting projects, along with family information and activities and some personal "stuff". I am having fun with my journaling. I invite you to give it a try some time.

No comments: