Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snow, snow and more snow


We have lots and lots of snow. In the last 30 hours or so we received about 14 inches of snow. The first picture was taken on Oct. 29 and the second picture was taken this morning. I heard on the radio this morning that we are already at 20 inches of snow above the normal amount for this time of year. Right now I am looking out the window and the sun is really trying to shine through the clouds. Every once in awhile the small snow flakes look like glitter in the sky. We had tickets to attend a Christmas concert downstate last night but decided not to risk the travel. Of course we were bummed as we had looked forward to spending time with my sister-in-law, attending the concert and doing some Christmas shopping. But with all of the crazy weather in most of the state we decided it would be best to stay home. Perhaps this weekend we will make the trip, visit and do some Christmas shopping. I worked yesterday morning, then spent the afternoon in my sewing room. I worked on another Christmas gift and am so excited to share it with the recipient on Christmas morning and then to share it with you on my blog after Christmas. I got up early this morning and finished the machine quilting. This afternoon I will clips threads, trim the quilt and add the binding. If time permits I would like to make a couple small gifts yet, a couple of potato bags and a couple of camera cases.

No comments: