Friday, December 12, 2008

Quilt Guild Christmas Party




We held our annual Christmas party yesterday. Our committee, Carol, Sue and Shirley did a wonderful job! Carol prepared a delicious luncheon including a black bean salad, mexican wedding soup, smoked turkey paninis and chocolate mint pie. We were also treated with lots of Christmas cookies and candies. Along with lunch we played a trivia game and several prizes were given out. Secret sisters were revealed and although I wasn't involved it was fun to listend to the excited little screams as reveals were made. We also filled the Christmas stockings that we made a few weeks ago. One hundred and 10 stockings were filled with hand made mittens, slippers, toys and candy. They will be given to children in the area. Betty, a Guild member, told me that when she was a young child she always received 10 shiney new pennies, nuts and hard candy in her stocking. She brought pennies in and we put 10 pennies in each one of the stockings. I think that is such a special tradition and I am so glad she shared it with us. It is always so rewarding to do things for others. I am going Christmas shopping today and along with shopping for my family I will be shopping for a 10 year old boy whose name I picked from the Christmas tree at Church. He has asked for a hat and a pair of mittens. It really brings me back to reality when all a 10 year old asks for is hat and mittens. I plan to add a few extras to his gift.

No comments: