Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our First Snowfall of the Season

I woke up this morning to a "skiff" of snow on the ground. As I am sitting here at my desk I have been watching the snow on the roof of the building next door slowly disappear. Right now there are just a few snowflakes left on the roof. We live on the outskirts of town and have a rather large lot. During the last two nights we have had deer in our back yard. I am wondering if this is a sign. I have heard that animals have instincts about the weather. I would imagine the "old timers" could interpret. I have heard that we are in for a rough winter this year. To me that translates to more quilting time. I love to be home, sitting at my sewing machine or hand quilting a quilt. Add a pot of soup simmering on the stove and biscuits in the oven and that is a perfect day.

No comments: