Saturday, October 4, 2008

Do you make labels for all of your quilts?


I am ashamed to say that I have got out of the habit of labeling all of my quilts. Last weekend Pat Sloan hosted a Virtual Quilter's Retreat. During the retreat she presented several different ways of making quilt labels. She had some very interesting suggestions including using rubber stamps. She also suggested using fabric from the quilt to frame your label. I made a promise to myself in a previous post that I was going to make 1 label every day until I get caught up, then make a label for each quilt just as soon as I finish the binding. I managed to make this label and then life got hectic with family and work and I haven't been able to get back to the project. I will do that just as soon as possible. This label is for a quilt that I made with Edyta Sitar. The quilt is finished!! When Edyta comes to Thunder Bay Resort next weekend I am going to ask her if she will sign my label, then I can applique it to my quilt. I was thinkintg that it would be fun to make a label before any class that I take, then I can ask the instructor to sign the label. I think that would be fun. Pat said she plans to do another Virtual Retreat in February and I invite you to check it out. It was a lot of fun, visiting blogs and sharing comments with other quilters. I also won a prize during the retreat. Thank you Pat for the beautiful fabric and label.

No comments: