Monday, September 29, 2008

What did you do over the weekend?


How was your weekend? Mine was very hectic. We are in the process of getting a new roof on our house and the crew spent all day Saturday and Sunday working on the roof. I now know what a 6 - 12 pitch is!! Steve spent his time removing shingles, delivering wood and shingles to the roof with the tractor and he even made lunch for the workers on Saturday while I was at work. Son Greg and grand dog Reggie helped out too. I made lunch for the guys on Sunday and helped to pick up shingle, tar paper and wood scraps. I also got in a little bit of sewing. But the best part was Pat Sloan's virtual retreat. It was a lot of fun reading all of her advice on making labels and joining in on the discussions about favorite snack foods for retreats and dream trips for quilters. I also visited a couple of new blogs. And ........ I even won a prize from Pat. After reading about the labels and cool new ideas I started thinking about all of my quilts that don't have labels. I am going to make a promise to myself to try to make 1 label every day for my completed quilts and also to make a label for each quilt as soon as I finish sewing the binding on. The label I will make today will be for my Dresdan Star Quilt from a class I took with Edyta Sitar last September.

No comments: