Friday, September 19, 2008

Do you belong to a Quilt Guild?

Yesterday I took a class at my Quilt Guild. The class, Double Wedding Ring, was taught by Dee, a fellow member. Carol, a fellow Guild member (and my sister!) is diligently working on her table runner. She chose some beautiful fall colors. I decided to just make one ring and it will be a little gift for our grand daughter Allie. I had issues with the arcs meeting on the outer edges so I have decided that the jumbo rick rack will make a great embellishment! Our Guild is over 20 years old and we have approximatley 60 members. We have members at all skill levels, from beginners to master quilters, hand quilters to long arm quilters. We hold a business meeting once a month, a class once a month and then sit and sew a couple of times a month. Our Show and Tells are always so awesome. If you do not belong to a Quilt Guild I highly recomend you check with your local Quilt Shop or your quilting friends for a Quilt Guild in your area. The friendship of fellow quilters is a great blessing.




No comments: