Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Steve's first quilt

My husband has been a perfect Quilter's husband. He has always been very supportive of my obsession. We have traveled to lots of Quilt Shows and Quilt Shops together. He is always willing to make suggestions when I ask for his advice. In March of 2007 we traveled to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee for the Mountain Quiltfest. While there we visited a couple of Quilt Shops. One of the Quilt Shops was having a drawing so we both entered. Shortly after we returned home Steve received a letter stating that he had won a $100 gift certificate. So in March of 2008 we went back to the Mountain Quiltfest and back to that Quilt Shop to claim his prize. We both had fun checking out all of the fun things and spending his money. He found a kit to make this small wall hanging. This is his first quilted wall hanging and I am so proud of him. He decided that he wanted to include pictures of his deceased parents. Since I have not worked with any of the photo transfer techniques, he was strictly on his own. I think he did a great job. He gave this wall hanging to our son Mike and daughter-in-love Tasha on July 26th as a wedding gift. His next project is a cutting horse silhouette on a batik background. I think I had better start hiding my quilting tools and supplies!!!!

No comments: