Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Current Quilting Project

Those of you who know me know that I love to hand quilt. We are having some beautiful, warm days here in Hillman but the nights get a bit chilly. I don't do much hand quilting in the summer so when the weather turns chilly I enjoy having the warmth of the quilt on my lap while I am hand quilting. About a week and a half ago I pulled this quilt out from my pile of quilts to finish. This quilt, Glory, was made during a Quilter's Retreat here at Thunder Bay Resort in October 2006. Amy Davidson of Humble Bee Quilt Works was our instructor and this is her original pattern. I know you can't tell by the picture but this is a very large quilt. I truly enjoyed the class, Amy is a wonderful instructor. She will be back to Thunder Bay Resort on October 23 - 26 and will be teaching another one of her original designs, Mad For Plaid. We still have room if you are interested in joining us. I spent the first week hand quilting the center section of the quilt. I usually quilt for a couple of hours in the evening. I find it very, very relaxing. If you look close enough at the photograph you can see the little brass pins I use for pin basting. Yesterday after work I pulled out my box of hand quilting stencils and picked out two of them that I will be using to finish the quilt. I would love to have the quilt done before Amy comes back to Thunder Bay but I don't think that will happen. But I guess I can dream, cant't I?

No comments: