Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another Blue Ribbon at the County Fair


This quilt, When He Makes Dinner was made last October when Jennifer Chiaverini attended our Quilter's Retreat here at Thunder Bay Resort. Jennifer read from her newest book, answered questions from devoted readers, posed for lots of pictures and gave autographs. My assistants and I taught the quilt class. It was a great retreat. Today I am busy putting the finishing touches on the retreat to be held later this week. Mark Lipinski will be our instructor and will be teaching his Simple Simon class. Mark, forty nine quilters and three vendors will begin arriving here on Thursday morning. The weather forecasters are forcasting great weather. So it should be a great weekend. As I mentioned in an earlier post I have been involved in a Round Robin with five former retreaters. Thursday evening we will get together and reveal our quilts. I am really excited to see mine and all of the other quilts. Last night I finally finished round #6 on Sharon's quilt.

No comments: