Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Confession and an Excuse

Ok, so in a post a week or so I said that I needed to be more selective in my fabric purchases. Steve and I went Christmas shopping in Saginaw last weekend, about a 2 hour drive from home. We had a great time. Our first stop was the JoAnn Etc store there. I have to confess that I bought 19 1/2 yards of fabric, but I can explain. Seventeen yards of that fabric are for Christmas gifts and the gifts have already been made and wrapped. The other 2 1/2 yards will be used for a Christmas Block of the Month quilt we will be doing at Guild next year. We did some major power shopping on Friday and Saturday. Saturday evening we had tickets for a concert featuring the Oak Ridge Boys. They sang several of their original songs for an hour, took a short break, then sang Christmas songs for about an hour. On Sunday morning we attended a german worship service at a Lutheran Church in Frankenmuth. It was pretty neat although the only word I recognized throughout the entire worship service was Amen. That Church was offering a Christmas Concert that afternoon so we decided to stay in town for the concert. It was great. I am very lucky to have a husband who likes to do those kinds of things.

No comments: