Monday, December 5, 2011

Another Great Quilt Camp



I was so lucky to be able to attend a wonderful Quilt Camp last week. Our camp was held at the Julka and Hardies cabin in Hulbert, in the upper peninsual of Michigan. Five of us drove up on Friday afternoon. Four of us headed home on Wednesday afternoon. Throughout the camp we had some campers who had to leave early and some who had to wait and come up a little bit later. At one point we had 9 campers in attendance including my Mom, my 3 sisters, two nieces and a family friend and her daughter. We had such a wonderful time. My Mom has been having some health issues and she did so well this time. We sewed, ate, laughed, ate and sewed some more. In fact we wore our jammies for the entire camp, except for the three who made a little trip to the Quilt Shop. I made these two pieces while at camp. The bottome picture is of a Block of the Month that I hand embroidered. I also made a jacket and will have to get a picture to share. We had such a great time and I hope we will be able to have this camp for many, many more years.



No comments: